If you wish to apply for monetary support on behalf of an Estonian-American or Estonian organization, individual, or project, please submit a written grant request with all required information.
All grant requests must be submitted in writing via email or paper mail to the Estonian Relief Committee, Grants Director, as listed on our CONTACT page. (Requests written in English are preferred to meet our record keeping requirements in the U.S.)
The Board of Directors makes all decisions regarding grant requests based on the mission and budget of the ERC.
During and/or after the use of the granted funds, grantees are required to furnish written proof that the funds are being used for the intended charitable purposes.
* * * * * * * *
The ERC does not fund scholarships so please contact the Estonian Students' Fund USA. Other potential funding resources can be found at the Estonian-American National Council website.
Written Grant Requests:
1. Contact information
- representative name,address, phone, email
- organization name, address, phone, email, website
- organization EIN (in U.S.) or MTÜ# (in Estonia)
- organization type (501c(x), non-profit, …)
For individuals: name, address, phone, email
2. Charitable purpose and how it meets the ERC mission
3. Project description including schedule and who/how many people will benefit
4. Total project budget and other sources of funds you will depend on
5. Funding amount requested from the ERC and when/how the money will be spent
6. Grant payment information
- U.S. payments: recipient name and address for checks;
add email address if set up for mobile payments
- International wire: bank name, address, SWIFT/BIC routing code;
recipient name, address, account number/IBAN and type;
7. Acknowledgement of receipt of funds via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of receipt
8. Agreement to provide written proof via email to email@example.com within 90 days, documenting the charitable use of donated ERC funds including copies of bills, receipts and proof of payment